Sparta AF Bostader: TDC + Corridor Party!

Just before the party started! So glad to have the place all cleaned up and ready to go!

TDC is code for tour de chambre, which is basically a tour of all the rooms in the corridor :)

Usually at TDCs there's a central theme where participants decorate their rooms to, and if you're extra keen you dress up for it as well! All corridor mates prepare a drink (usually alcoholic, but because I don't drink I settled for my favourite soy milk drink), and a game for when people come and see your room.

I decorated my wall with the Swedish flag and stuck up a coaster from Soderasen restaurant, my boarding passes from Australia to Dubai and then Dubai to Copenhagen and a sale tag to represent my hobbies. I also wore my red bullfinch hat that I made from the Amalienborg Museum in Denmark to represent bird-watching!

Games played:

  1. Norwegian karaoke (one person has headphones and listens to a song - they need to hum the song and other participants guess which song they are listening to)
  2. About Me quiz (participants divide into teams and guess what statements are true/false and guess the correct facts about the emcee) 
  3. Transfer smarties from one bowl to another, versing other participants in 2 teams - with straws 
  4. Lithuanian Dance to the Music (all participants line up in boy/girl/boy/girl tango line and dance in a tango-line circle to the beat of the music played)
  5. Try Not To Laugh (participants write a joke or something funny on a piece of paper and places it in a communal bowl. Each person takes turns to go around and choose a piece of paper and must read it out without laughing. When the person reading laughs, they need to take a shot) 
And the after party happens when everyone gets together and invites their friends over to have a good time! 

 Everyone contributes snacks for the party (under SEK30)
 Preparing drinks

Our party was a pretty chill one - most people mingled and hung out in the common areas or in some cases, individual corridor-mate rooms, and others like myself just stayed on the dance floor! We had a beer pong table and the kitchen island was the main place for snacks. I had a really good time - corridor parties are definitely a great experience for all of the corridor mates to bond and get to know more people. I took an "early" night at 03:00 and slept until 10:00.

After the party in the morning/early afternoon everyone pitches in to help clean up. We sweep, mop and vacuum all common areas, recycle all the plastic and metal goods, throw away the trash and put all the furniture back where it usually lives.

The next morning: photo credits to one of my corridor mates

I'm not a big party person by any means, but I'm glad to have had the experience of hanging out with my corridor mates and getting to know people through corridor games and seeing their rooms in the TDC with a celebratory party afterwards! 

Comments